Beijing Guide
Home>Relocation Guide>Appliances

China operates on a 220/240V electrical supply similar to Europe and Asia. The US and Canada operate on 110/120V and Japan on 100V. Step-up converters are needed for North American and Japanese appliances. Sockets accommodate flat and rounded two-pin and flat three-pin plugs. Multi-plug converters at supermarkets and hardware stores.

We don't advise you to ship large appliances (refrigerator, washing machine, dryer or diswasher) to China. Thebr warranty will probably be invalid here and spare parts for your appliance may not be available. Also, the landlord may not have storage space for the existing appliance at the property.

Beijing Real Estate