Most households hire an Ayi (a maid, literally an "Aunty"). They work part-time or full-time. Only some speak rudimentary English. Unlike Hong Kong or Singapore, few Ayi's live-in. To find an Ayi we recommend checking expat notice-boards at supermarkets and on the web, or using a professional maid agency. Check past-employer references and also that they have a valid health certificate, mainly to check for Hepatitis. We'd be pleased to assist you with the process. Incidentally, United Family Hospital regularly provides first-aid courses for Ayis.

China does not issue employment permits to foreign maids.

Want to know more ? Ask a Question

Next: Medical